Five Reasons Why You Should Use a Travel Advisor
January 20, 2016 -- Since founding Catherine Parkin Travel, a lot of people have asked me why they should use a travel advisor instead of booking a trip online themselves. It’s a great question, and there are a lot of great answers. I could give you, at least, fifty reasons why you need a travel advisor, but, in honor of number one on my list, I’m going to get to the point and share my top five.
- Time—We all wish we had more of it. The hours you spend sifting through the 600+ MILLION results for “hotel in New York” (yes, that’s how many results there are!) could be spent enjoying time with family and friends. I will edit the world for you. As a travel advisor, I have the resources, connections, and experience necessary to sort quickly through the clutter and provide you with a trip that is unlike anything you can book yourself.
- Value—Who doesn’t want more value for each dollar spent? As a Virtuoso-affiliated Advisor, I can access exclusive benefits and amenities that people cannot get any other way. (Think: upgrade, complimentary breakfast, $100 food and beverage or spa credit, and free Wi-Fi.) Brownell Travel, the company I selected to affiliate with after a lot of research, is also a member of many preferred partner programs, including Ritz-Carlton STARS, Four Seasons Preferred Partner, and Peninsula PenClub, so I can access even more exclusive amenities and benefits for you!
- Customization--A travel advisor’s recommendations are tailored specifically to you. When you use a travel advisor, you get to speak with a real person in real time. We listen to you and create a travel experience that takes into account all of your unique wants and needs. We do not base our recommendations on an algorithm that would recommend the same cookie-cutter package to 125,000 other travelers. And if you have questions or concerns at any point during your travels, I’m available to help you. You have a safety net that you won’t have if you book online yourself.
- Access—Perhaps one of the most exciting reasons to use a travel advisor is the access we have to exclusive, one-of-a-kind experiences. Through my partnerships, I can help you realize your wildest dreams. Do you fancy an afternoon with Lady Grantham? I can arrange a private tour of Highclere Castle, the setting for Downton Abbey, followed by a meet and greet with an actor from the show. Or would you rather island hop on your private, fully-staffed yacht in the Seychelles? If you’ve dreamed it, I can arrange it.
- VIP Experience—You don’t have to be a celebrity to travel like one. Your travel advisor not only communicates your preferences and needs to travel suppliers but also makes sure you are “Mr. and Mrs. ____” . . . not Reservation #471894. Brownell Travel has spent 128 years building amazing relationships with travel providers and partners around the world. In turn, our travel partners look forward to hosting our clients and treat them like VIPs.
Whatever trip you're planning, there are serious advantages to using a travel advisor. Our knowledge of the travel industry, experience, partnerships, connections, and access allow us to create unique, customized experiences you won't soon forget. And the time and money you save can be used on another trip!